Hosted Events & Awards
The Chicago Southland has a great "track" record of hosting successful national and international sports events including:
- 1997 USGA U.S. Senior Open
- 2003 USGA U.S. Open
- 2015 USGA U.S. Amateur
- Amateur Athletic Union
- American Cornhole Association Chicago Southland Major
- American Junior Golf Association
- American Pool Players Association
- American Taekwondo Association
- BeerFit Brew Mile
- Chicago Southland Dragon Boat Festival
- Chicagoland Lacrosse Getaway Festival
- Cochrane & Jablonic Cups, Southland Regatta (Collegiate Rowing)
- Firefighters Combat Challenge
- Fishers of Men National Bass Fishing Tournament
- Illinois High School Association AA Baseball Finals
- Illinois High School Association Boys Gymnastics Finals
- Illinois State Open Miniature Golf Tournament
- IMG 7v7 Midwest Regional Championship
- Little League Softball Central Regional Championships
- Metropolitan Junior Baseball League National Championship
- MultiGP Drone Racing North Central Regional Final
- NCAA Division II Baseball Regional
- NCAA Women's Crusader Classic Bowling Tournament
- National Paintball League Chicago Open
- National Professional Paintball League Super 7 World Series
- National Softball Association
- Nike Spring Showdown AAU/NCAA
- North American Grappling Association
- Professional Bowlers Association
- Pylon Elite 7v7 Football
- Spartan Race (Stadium Sprint Series)
- STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series U.S. Pro and Collegiate Championships
- Triple Crown Sports Softball
- U.S. Log Rolling Open
- U.S. Open Pro Mini Golf Tournament
- USA Dodgeball Ultimate Dodgeball Championships
- USA Football Midwest Regional Developmental Camp
- USA Judo
- USA Rugby
- USASA Soccer - Midwest & National Cup Finals
- USSSA Baseball
- Western Golf Association
- Western Open Miniature Golf Tournament
- World Wiffle Ball Championship
The Chicago Southland CVB was awarded the SportsEvents Magazine Readers' Choice Award for Sports Destination in Illinois in January of 2019. Two additional Readers' Choice Awards were won by Chicago Southland CVB nominated entries: Tom Cole, President of National Xball League (Sports Planners Category) and the NXL Paintball Chicago Open, Gaelic Park, in Oak Forest (Sports Event).
Sports Destination Management Readers awarded the Chicago Southland with the Favorite Destination for Community Engagement and Favorite Destination for Accessibility Reader’s Choice Awards.
South Suburban Park and Recreation Professional Association recognized the Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau with a Special Recognition Award for their dedication and continued support of the organization (2017 & 2018).
The Chicago Southland CVB was recognized by Sports Destination Management as a 2017 Champion of Economic Impact in Sports Tourism for the United States Hockey League Development Series Phase I, II & III held at Arctic Ice Arena in Orland Park.
Joel Koester was recognized as an industry leader in Connect Sports magazine’s “Game Changers” feature in the fall 2017 issue and was presented with the Game Changer award during Connect Sports 2017 in New Orleans.
SportsEvents Magazine named the STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Professional & Collegiate U.S. Championships and United States Log Rolling Open as 2017 Sports Events to Watch.SportsEvents Magazine named Anthony Burton an Award Winning Parks & Recreation Professional in January of 2016.
Sports Destination Management Magazine recognized the Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau with a "Champions of Economic Impact" Sports Award in 2015 for the American Taekwondo Association Class "A" Tournament, held in Lynwood at the Southland Center, a Ho-Chunk Enterprise.
The Chicago Southland CVB was awarded the SportsEvents Magazine Readers' Choice Award in recognition of commitment to quality and standards of excellence in the sports event industry in January of 2014.
Contact a Sales Expert Submit an RFP Visitors Guide