Trails and Itineraries
With over 40,000 acres of forestry and countless miles of trails, the Chicago Southland offers a unique perspective not accessible by car or train. Whether you are looking for multicultural group itineraries or hitting the trails that include the Lincoln Highway Murals that span through nine communities, the Chicago Southland offers a wide variety of family friendly activities for even the weariest of outdoor enthusiasts. Plan your Chicago Southland getaway today! To book a hotel room, please click here.
Due to COVID-19 recommendations, some trails and attractions in the Chicago Southland may be closed or operating with restrictions. Please check the website or call the number listed to get up-to-date information. For more information on the Restore Illinois plan, please click here.
Biking & Walking Trails
Looking for the perfect place to bike, walk and explore in the Chicago Southland? Check out the new Chicago Southland Trails App! This interactive app is a comprehensive guide to the Chicago Southland area’s paved trails for biking and walking, mountain biking trails and bicycle-friendly streets. With so many beautiful trails to choose from, every hiker, biker and walker is sure to find the perfect trail (or trails!) to explore. We are working on enhancing our Trails App by adding parking information. We hope to have the parking information completed by June 30th.
- African American Heritage Tour
- Agri-Tourism Tour - Fulcrum Farms
- Architecture - The Art and Science of Designing and Erecting Buildings
- Bring the Grandkids
- Down in the Dumps and Toxic Tour
- The Elements of Art
- Enjoy a Day of Historic Adventures Just Beyond the City Limits
- Enjoy a Garden Walk Tour in the Chicago Southland
- For the Young or Young at Heart
- Heritage Blend Starters
- Let Seecago Tours plan your next Mystery Tour
- Martinis, Wine and Tea - A Unique Taste of the Chicago Southland!
- Pizza Tours
- Shopping Extravaganza
- So Much to See & Do!
- Student Adventure
- A Tasty Treat of the Arts
- Tinkering Around in Tinley
- Tour for People with Disabilities
- Trains - Exploring the Chicago Southland Rail System
- Underground Railroad Tour