Trails and Itineraries
With over 40,000 acres of forestry and countless miles of trails, the Chicago Southland offers a unique perspective not accessible by car or train. Whether you are looking for multicultural group itineraries or hitting the trails that include the Lincoln Highway Murals that span through nine communities, the Chicago Southland offers a wide variety of family friendly activities for even the weariest of outdoor enthusiasts. Plan your Chicago Southland getaway today! To book a hotel room, please click here.
Effective Monday, August 30, the state of Illinois is requiring that everyone age two or older be masked in indoor public spaces, regardless of whether they’re vaccinated until further notice.
Biking & Walking Trails
Looking for the perfect place to bike, walk and explore in the Chicago Southland? Check out the new Chicago Southland Trails App! This interactive app is a comprehensive guide to the Chicago Southland area’s paved trails for biking and walking, mountain biking trails and bicycle-friendly streets. With so many beautiful trails to choose from, every hiker, biker and walker is sure to find the perfect trail (or trails!) to explore. This trails app has also been integrated into the Chicago Southland App allowing you to see the location of the trails in relation to area amenities including hotels, restaurants, attractions and events. For more information or to download the Chicago Southland App click here.
- Your Family-Friendly Adventure in the Chicago Southland
- Bringing Beer and Art Together
- Girls' Getaway
- Bro-Cation in the Chicago Southland
- African American Heritage Tour
- Agri-Tourism Tour - Fulcrum Farms
- Architecture - The Art and Science of Designing and Erecting Buildings
- Bring the Grandkids
- Down in the Dumps and Toxic Tour
- The Elements of Art
- Enjoy a Day of Historic Adventures Just Beyond the City Limits
- Enjoy a Garden Walk Tour in the Chicago Southland
- For the Young or Young at Heart
- Get Ready to go Gramping!
- Heritage Blend Starters
- Let Seecago Tours plan your next Mystery Tour
- Martinis, Wine and Tea - A Unique Taste of the Chicago Southland!
- Pizza Tours
- Shopping Extravaganza
- So Much to See & Do!
- Student Adventure
- A Tasty Treat of the Arts
- Tour for People with Disabilities
- Trains - Exploring the Chicago Southland Rail System
- Underground Railroad Tour